Concrete barriers for highways and roads
- Approved: By Highways England
- Fast: There are real time savings and cost advantages with our efficient lifting and installation service
- Practical: Installation is available 24/7 to suit you and your works schedule
It’s a fast journey, from quote to completion, with APC
With extensive experience working on the country’s road network, we understand the challenges you face and the services you need.
Protecting people and controlling traffic
Available to hire or buy, our fully tested, durable barriers are a practical choice for protecting road works and construction workers, creating contraflow systems, access and egress points and safely separating traffic, cyclists and pedestrians. They’re also ideal for bridge and viaduct works as they don’t need pinning down to the ground.
They’re designed for fast installation, so fewer operatives are needed. With experience and training behind them, they’ll be in and off your site quickly. We’ll work at night if that suits you better. We can install 210 linear metres per hour. Get in touch to discuss your timescales.
- Approved: Our barriers are EN1317 compliant which means they have been put through rigorous testing and are available for use on Highways England Trunk Road Network.
- Containment: APC barriers are independently tested in accordance with the EN1317 regulations and have achieved classified working widths, maximising the available working area. It means protection for your on-site teams within a safe working area. See our technical drawings
- Segregation of pedestrians and traffic: Our robust barriers are manufactured with continuous quadruple reinforcements. This allows for safe and effective separation between opposing traffic streams such as contraflow systems.
- Minimum disruption: Light impact to the barriers causes no displacement, and where heavy impact occurs, barriers can be quickly re-aligned with no costly repair works.
- Flexible: Need smaller radii? We can create a solution for you by using shorter blocks, compared with other systems. See our diagrams and read more technical data here.
- Safety is at the heart of our service: Like you, we’re focused on providing a first class safe solution backed up by National Highway Sector Scheme 2B certification, for protecting your workforce and ours.
Read more about our unique barriers, installation methods and lifting equipment.
“APC are professional, proactive and flexible in their approach to work. The installation, removal and location of the concrete barriers has always been carried out in a highly competent, timely and safe manner. They have also contributed in a significant and collaborative way to the management of safety and sustainability on the A46 project.”
Phil Hobson, Construction Manager, Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering
Get in touch for a quote or to discuss how our service could help you, without obligation.